What Are Toothpaste Tablets?
Earth is the only planet in this entire boundless universe that has life on its surface (at least as far as we know) with trillions of living creatures and a history of billions of years of evolution behind us. This profound knowledge comes with the epiphany that mankind has been destroying the earth with its activities and filling it up with non-biodegradable wastes like plastic. These wastes take thousands of years to break down, remaining on the surface of earth overfilling landfills and even ending up choking our oceans.
As scary as this sounds, humans are the only species that can do something about this if we want to save our planet. It’s time to think about our home and call for action towards sustainable living. We can start with baby steps to implement little changes in our lifestyle, which wouldn’t matter much to us but will create a huge positive impact on the environment.
What can we do?
Every one of us can adopt simple steps like ditching plastic containers, cutlery, and bottles, reusing glass and metal ones, carrying a cloth bag to the grocery store, and much more.
Where to start?
Mornings are a good time to start new things. You can start living sustainably right after you wake up in the morning. The first thing on your routine to start the day is toothbrushing. Ditch that toothpaste tube today !!
It has been estimated that around 900 million toothpaste tubes and their boxes are being tossed out in the trash, just in the United States!! That’s just 900 million pieces of plastic and metal packaging (of the toothpaste tube) plus their paper boxes (made of precious trees) going into landfills !! I bet you never imagined the amount of damage we humans inflict on our planet, just with the most mundane act of brushing our teeth!!
So what’s the alternative?
You can switch to a more eco-friendly option that is toothpaste tablets, they are much kinder to you AND the planet.
These are basically solidified dentrifices which are in the form of mint-sized tablets. You take one out, chew them creating foam instantly and you can brush away your worries of harming the planet. Harsh chemicals, cheap fillers, and artificial dyes have no place in our daily routines. Toothpaste tablets are made of a potent fusion of abrasives and surfactants which create a foam to dissolve and remove the sticky residues from your teeth easily.
How do toothpaste tablets help solve this issue?
Toothpaste tablets are:
- Eco-friendly: They are packaged in glass jars(re-usable!!) and involve no paper boxes.. #tossthetube
- Portable and light: You can carry these little jars with you anywhere, without the fear of any messy leaks. They are also allowed in your carry bag while flying (as they contain no liquid).
- Plastic-free: They contain no plastic or metal thus creating zero waste and reducing your carbon footprint. Yoohoo!!
- Hygienic: Have you ever realized that when an entire family shares a tube of toothpaste, the tip of the tube touches your toothbrush every time you dispense some paste onto it. Thus cross-transferring any microbes if present on someone else’s toothbrush. We need to be hyper-aware of all these little things especially after the pandemic has shown how a transmissible disease can easily affect all members of a family.
- Motivation: Keeping kids motivated to regularly brush their teeth (twice a day) is a legit struggle for most parents. Children are likely to feel excited about brushing if it’s as easy and fun as using a tablet!
We found the vital toothpaste (insert link here) tablets to be an amalgamation of everything that we have been looking for to save the planet. Made of a fluoride alternative known as nano-hydroxyapatite, which is also a constituent of our teeth, these vital toothpaste tablets are 100% vegan, palm oil-free, fluoride-free, and gluten-free.
They contain: Xylitol · Calcium Carbonate · Natural Flavors · Hydroxyapatite (nano) · Sodium Bicarbonate · Guar Gum · Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate · Zinc Citrate · Silicon Dioxide · Menthol
They are available in various flavors like Fresh mint, activated charcoal, berry blast, etc.
These are simple to use. Just pop in a tablet, bite it down, and brush it with a wet toothbrush, how would normally do with toothpaste. It foams up like normal toothpaste does (not too much to irritate your oral mucosa though).
Remember every step you take today is a step towards preserving our home and making our planet a better place to live for our future generations. You might think that you as an individual cannot change the world alone, but remember this: Even if 1% of people in the USA forsake toothpaste tubes, it’s 9 million less plastic pieces EVERY YEAR!!
So do your bit today, toss the tube and take the first step to save the planet all the while keeping your teeth bright and healthy!!